Saturday, April 25, 2009

Flamingo, oh yeah!

Today was the Walk for Life, which I skipped in favor of fencing. Anyways, my siblings loved me so much that they put my name in for the raffle. I won a prize. It's a flamingo sculpture from Go Fish. It's awesome. If I knew how to operate a camera I would take a picture of me holding it and put it here.

The dilemma is figuring out where to put it. If you put it anywhere upstairs it will probably be knocked down and destroyed within a week. If you put it downstairs, mom will purse her lips every time she sees it and it will disappear mysteriously within a week. Either way its life expectancy isn't too good.

Anyways, I'd like to keep it because it reminds me of the Walk for Life, the same reason that I keep all my Walk for Life T-shirts and water bottles. It's awesome because the Walk for Life is something I believe is really important and so everything it produces is, by extension, awesome. It's not the sculpture I like half as much as what it stands for. It's a nice sculpture, though. Thank you Africans.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, what kind siblings!

    What do you mean, "If I knew how to operate a camera." You don't? It is so not that hard. You can even set it on timer so it waits about 15 or 30 seconds before it takes the picture. And if you aren't going to set it on timer, then all you have to do is push the little button down. Yeah, really difficult and complicated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Africans"? What's that suppose to mean?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hummm. I should try the pursing my lips and then disappearing said offensive object. Mostly, I just dump the object in the offender's room.

    ReplyDelete