Monday, April 27, 2009

That was a lot easier than I thought it would be

Today, I finished a biology final and had some time on my hands so I waltzed on over to room 205 in the EMCS and promptly filled out an application. I asked if I had to come back for an interview but the woman, who was clearly the head honcho, just gazed at me for a while and said "No. I'll call you if I need you."

I'm starting to suspect that it was too easy. They probably looked at my application and realized I was a complete incompetent when they saw that I put the word "Homeschool" down where it says "High School:". Or maybe they were tipped off when I had to call home to get my social security number.

When it asked for "Previous tutoring experience, formal and informal," I put "Teaching elementary school children Latin." Ha ha. How I love ambiguity. It's oh so iffy!

By the way, when it says "Put your last two classes down here:" They don't mean your last two math classes. They mean the two classes you took most recently, whether it be English, Science, Math, or whatever. They probably want to get the dirt on you from your teachers. Ha. Good luck with that. My teachers love me. I'm the best.

3 comments:

  1. Last two classes? They don't have to be classes at UTC do they? If so, I'm sunk. Hey, actually my last two (and only two--I'm so glad that's all they ask for) classes were both math classes and they were by the same teacher. Hmm...we shall see. My teacher loves me too so maybe that's ok.

    At Chatt State we just had to talk to the head honcho and fill out paperwork on what hours we could work and what math classes we had. In fact, he thought it was supremely cool that we were homeschooled and still in high school. Sounds a bit more intimidating at UTC. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh Duncan, I sense much fear in you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really are the best Duncan

    ReplyDelete