Wednesday, April 8, 2009

So, where is it supposed to be?

Well, most of my readers know that my mother has left the country. She's in Scotland now. However, since she's been gone I have not been able to find anything.

For example, yesterday I tore through the house looking for my jacket. I could have sworn I left it lying around somewhere, but no. Someone had the nerve to hang it up in a closet. I mean, who would put it in a dumb place like that?

And then the statistics book. I had to school without it because I couldn't find it in the morning. I eventually found it on the shelf that mom made for me to put my schoolbooks on. And I could have sworn I left it on the dining room table.

I'm still trying to find "Our Town" which is assigned reading for theatre class. I know that at the beginning of the semester it was on the floor next to the couch, but since then it has moved and I have been unable to find it. I bet I'll find it somewhere dumb like a bookshelf or something.

Well, I have to go search for the Lame that Elizabeth Poston ordered. See you later.

3 comments:

  1. Seriously, I have the same problem. I always leave my coat on the couch or on the floor of my room. When I couldn't find it once Mom told me she'd hung it up in the closet. I said, "Why? I left it there so I could find it next time I needed it." Ditto with the textbooks.

    My mom takes the neat-freak thing to a whole new level; when I'm baking something, and she walks into the kitchen, she'll put things away before I've even used them. I usually have to get the flour out two or three times before I actually use it because Mom believes in "cleaning up as you go along." Which is great, but it only works if you've already used the item you're putting away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you put things in the closet, then you can find them. Then you won't have to look around the house for them.

    ReplyDelete