Thursday, April 16, 2009

What is its mouth doing down there?

Today I had a big bad Biology test. All of the questions were really easy, for example: "What is the phylum name of a jellyfish. What is the phylum name of an earthworm. What is the phylum name of an insect." Since the only thing we have been studying is phylum names, it was a cinch. Some questions were really hard, though. Here are a couple that I'm pretty sure I got wrong:

1) What is the name of the tissue that connects the intestines.
Ans: Mesentery. (I guessed Mesoderm. I was sort of close if you count by syllables.)
2) What is the name of this organism?
Ans: Planaria. (I guessed Platyhelminthe which is the phylum name of the Planaria. I was close.)
3) What is this structure?
Ans: Mouth. (I guessed ovary because it was in the worm's... well the area where the ovary should be.)

Of course, the four extra credit questions were a breeze so I'm pretty sure I got over 100% again. That would be convenient.

2 comments:

  1. There were extra credit questions?! Do you get those a lot with your Biology class?

    We've only gotten an extra credit question once in calculus class, and that was on a homework assignment because there was a question on material that we hadn't gotten to yet. Of course, I guess it's sort of our own fault; we go way over time as it is working on our tests without any extra credit problems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arn't Jellyfish in the phylum Cnidarian or something like that?

    ReplyDelete