Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Driving with Dad

Today, Dad drove me home from school. He had a meeting in the area and figured he could do me the tremendous favor of taking me home. Unfortunately driving with him is only slightly more safe than throwing rocks at beehives. I could have died multiple times.

He would constantly zoom along until he is trapped behind a person moving slower than he was whereupon he would honk his horn and flash his headlights and make a general nuisance of himself. I wish he would just be patient. It is one of the fruits of the Spirit after all.

It's odd because whenever I am in the driver's seat I only have to be going downhill before he is clutching his heart and screaming. (figuratively speaking.) I drive much safer than he does and yet he complains about my driving all the time. What a hypocrite.

2 comments:

  1. Just curious, has your dad ever run into a gas station? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, the fact is that your dad has more experience behind the weel than you. Otherwise, you're right. B.T.Y. If Heather has road rage, then what does your dad have?

    ReplyDelete