Friday, April 3, 2009

Test-happy teachers

I bet most of you still thought finals week was one week. Gee, what rock have you guys been living under? This next week will be my last week of peace. After that I have eight tests in two weeks.

Most of you are thinking, but Duncan you only take four classes and Theatre class isn't even giving you a final. You would be right. In two weeks I will have eight tests in three subjects. What is this world coming too?

Not only that but Theatre, instead of contributing to my enormous number of tests has a "Final Project." I'm supposed to put on a scene from "Our Town" with my class complete with props and costumes. That will obviously not detract from the time I spend studying for tests in the slightest.

In addition, three of the tests are "cumulative" which means I'm going to have to remember everything I studied during the entire semester. Since I can't even remember what happened before spring break it looks like I'm doomed.

2 comments:

  1. Three cumulative tests? Shoot! We only have one cumulative test in cal 2, and that's the final, which isn't until the first Monday in May. How long are the cumulative tests, then? Are they still each only an hour long? Or are they 3 hours long?

    I think spring break was invented to frustrate students' memory. I forgot everything we had studied in calculus when we got back from spring break. Thankfully, I had Luke to refresh my memory; he never seems to forget anything.

    ReplyDelete