Wednesday, April 22, 2009

College's Good Point

Hey, I always thought it was terrible to have to wake up early to get a shower and breakfast before 7:30, but now I found a silver lining: I don't have to sit through breakfast and listen to books of general interest anymore.

Recently, Mom was reading some book to the kids that had some dumb title like "The Magic Well" or "Seven or so Moronic Children and their Magical Adventures with a Mermaid." The only part I sat through was the part where one of the children popped the ceiling of a world that was located under the sea. They were all wondering how they could keep from dying from the pressure even though they were several leagues under the ocean when some kid had the brilliant notion that the SKY WAS FAKE. So even though they were told not to touch it, she/he popped the ceiling and killed everyone. Actually, no one died though they should have. All the ocean's waters flooded in and then the evil fish people (Who are different from mermaids FYI.) could come in and kill everyone. So they had to help or something. I didn't stick around.

Anyways, right after the idiot child popped the ceiling the author said: I will not reveal this child's name so that you won't think less of them. (Yes, the author really said that.)

"Oh no! What have I done!" said the child that will remain unnamed.

"Boy you've done it now you dweeb!" said Luke.

"Oh no! Even though the merpeople were so kind to us!" said Duncan.

"I think you'd better go apologize!" said Megan.

"Yes, and explain what happened!" said Grace B.

"Oh no! What if they kick us out of their magical merman land!" said Freeman, who then began to cry because this is a wussy book about wussy children.

So, by the way, if you haven't already used the process of elimination to figure out the name of the child who did it, then you obviously do not care. I know that I didn't care, so I left.

2 comments:

  1. Hey! You messed up the name of the first person--that should be Ariel, not Luke! Hmph.

    If I popped the ceiling (and that is not a confession, it's just a hypothetical statement) it wouldn't be because I thought the sky was fake, it would probably be because I was mad that everyone kept confusing me with "The Little Mermaid."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Ariel, but you did pop the ceiling.

    ReplyDelete