Sunday, April 12, 2009

Friday Theology

Today, my Dad gave a really great Sunday School lesson on Friday Theology vs. Sunday Theology. (Or at least that's what he called it.) Friday Theology celebrates Christ as your Savior, who died for your sins and makes you right before God. Sunday Theology celebrates Christ as your Lord, who has risen from the dead.

Now that I've heard it, I realize that I am too obsessed with Friday Theology. Instead of praise and worship, I zero in too much on thankfulness and repentance. Jesus is my Lord as well as my Savior, although I too seldom give him credit for it. I will strive from now on to give God his total due instead of just the one half. Praise the Lord. He is risen.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it a proper understanding of sin and forgiveness and love of Christ as our Savior that leads us to celebrate Christ also as Lord? I mean, if we don't understand our own sinfulness, how can we hope to celebrate Christ as Lord?

    So, is the idea behind the titles (Friday theology and Sunday theology) that on Sunday we're joyful and celebratory (perhaps partly due to the fact that we don't have to work), whereas on Friday we're worried about "practial" stuff like sin and forgiveness?

    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete