Saturday, May 23, 2009

Descended from a Fish

Today we went to Blizzard Beach, Disneyworld's water park. It was pretty awesome although I spent the entire day soaked to the bone. One weird thing about Blizzard Beach is that although after riding any one attraction you are soaked from head to toe, they still have paper towels and automatic hand blowers in the bathrooms. Oh joy, you think, now my hands are dry. Big whoop.

Anyways I ran all around that park doing one thing after another. I was in Dad's group and one thing to know about Dad is that he never does the same thing twice in a row. You think to yourself, "Hey, since I just got off this ride I could save myself the trouble of walking to another place by riding the same thing again." Dad however prefers to hop from one ride to another and then back again, which is a pain since Blizzard Beach is spread out like butter over too much bread. Anyways it was great.

Of course by the time we went home I was so sick of good old H2O that I never wanted to see it again. All of a sudden my younger cousin asked "Hey Duncan! You want to go into the pool with me?" (Our villa has a pool FYI) I think to myself, "Bryce, you have been soaking in the Lazy River for seven hours now. You must be as sick of water as I am." Nope. Bryce is the missing link between fish and humans. So Bryce and I had a rollicking good time in the pool. Getting even wetter and more isotonic.

3 comments:

  1. Hmm...that sounds like Matthew. We went to Universal Orlando's "River Adventure" park, rode all kinds of water rides and got completely soaked. Then when we got back home, Matt wanted to go swimming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the Tolkien quote.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Duncan, I thought you didn't believe in Evolution.

    ReplyDelete