Saturday, May 2, 2009

Shakespeare Half Way Point

Today is the Shakespeare half way point, meaning that today I'm supposed to recite half my lines to Lexie. I suspect that what will happen is that I will stand next to her saying them as she ignores me. I could say anything I wanted to and she probably would not notice. Anyways, if anybody happens to be reading this, now you know that it is time to get a move-on on all those lines.

Recently, I was going through Toby Belch's lines. I was struck by how quickly and randomly he disappeared. His last scene is halfway through the play and he merely exits and is never seen again. I think he might be mentioned, but that really has nothing to do with me. It's said he marries Maria in the end, but apparently he's not there when it happens or something. The only impact it has on me is that the halfway point in my lines is rather early in the play. It's sometime during the scene tricking Malvolio I think.

3 comments:

  1. Hmm...I haven't even looked at my lines since the first quarter were due to be finished. But, I haven't gotten to the part with my audition piece yet, either. So, I'm not so far behind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have over 200 lines this year, so getting them done is a real pain. I think I am about halfway; however, I strongly suspect that there is a wrong number posted as to how many lines Leontes has. After the first quarter I counted and got 230-something. However, I started from the end of my first quarter, so I may have miscounted.
    Lexie may not even just ignore you, she may walk out on you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way, who's playing Maria?

    ReplyDelete