Sunday, May 31, 2009

Hyperinflation, otherwise normal

According to some experts, inflation might get as bad as it is in Zimbabwe. (I'm just guessing that it is really bad there. I don't know personally.) Just thought you might want to have some good news to start the day, you know? What really bothers me is that people keep saying that they are racking up debt for their children. That's just another means of procrastination. Why don't you say, we're racking up debt for ourselves? I predict that the next generation will still be saying the same thing. And the next. And people will keep putting off debt until finally China forces us to file bankruptcy or something.

2 comments:

  1. Zimbabwe has about a 10,000 percent inflation rate, I think. It could be much higher. They have to print billion Zimbabwe dollar bills so their cash has any value. Doesn't sound like anything we have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard that in Zimbabwe, if you want to purchase anything, you have to bring a wheelbarrow full of millon-dollar bills. I don't really see that happening here too soon, but I'm certainly no expert.

    ReplyDelete