Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Dad's New Friend Carl

Yesterday, Dad had the most unusual encounter with one of the workers at Disney. We were riding Expedition Everest (*****) over and over. The person contolling traffic was named "Carl." Carl looked to be over 50 years old. Carl was talking to a lady who was apparantly asking Carl for directions. Dad, being his usual doofy self, stepped in between them and flashed his tickets at Carl. Carl, taken aback, sputtered "You are so rude!" Dad glared at him and asked "Let me see your name." So Carl turned his back on Dad to protect his "Hi! I'm Carl and I LOVE YOU!" button from Dad's evil penetrating gaze. Dad grabbed Carl's shoulder to turn him around and then Carl screamed "DON'T TOUCH ME OR I'LL CALL SECURITY!!!"

Kathryn and I quickly dragged Dad into the line and rode Everest. Dad, for some reason, has not dropped this and has done annoying official things like "registering complaints" at guest services. In my opinion, he should just turn the other cheek and let this thing slide. I think this won't become a big deal and Carl will probably not be fired since he looks like he's been there since 1963 when Disneyworld first opened. Oh well.

3 comments:

  1. If he had worked at Disneyworld since 1963, which would mean he worked there for 46 years (I added that in my calculator; so it's definitely right!), he would certainly have to be over 50 years old because I don't think Disneyworld hires four-year-olds.

    Is that seriously what their nametags say?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dad has done some interesting things. You guys should keep an eye on him so he doesn't get himself attacked.

    ReplyDelete
  3. my job is secure, my cousin Roy assured me so.

    Carl D.

    p.s security is still searching for your Dad

    ReplyDelete