Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Politics, the Art of the Possible

Yo, guys. I'm leaving Tennessee in two weeks. I'll be gone for one month. I will seriously miss you all. I will probably also not have computer access so my blog might temporarily pause for the month of June. I'll be missing two Shakespeare rehearsals which is fine because I'm not even ready for the one this Friday. I will probably lose every job I've gotten in the past two weeks, including teaching Luke, courier business for Dad, tutoring at the math lab, etc. Somehow a one month leave of absence just doesn't sound plausible. I also pray that the Chattanooga Fencing Club won't place their fencing tournament in the month of June because if they did hold a tournament, I would give both my arms to go, which would cause me to lose horribly because I'm not so good at fencing with no arms. This will also keep me from attending any Random Fun for the month of June, which is what I regret most. Nothing I intend to do will be done. Everything I've planned will blow away with the wind. I'm pretty sure I remember a Bible verse for this type of situation, but I don't remember its exact wording.

Anyways, you're probably wondering WHERE I'm going, and if you read the title you probably guessed I was just elected to be the student ambassador to New Zealand. You would be wrong. I am not leaving the country. I'm also not going to Washington D.C. which was probably your next guess (or your first guess, depending.) I'm going to North Carolina to help my grandfather market his Republican Organization System to neighboring precincts. Considering that I have had no luck marketing my ranking system, it doesn't make any sense that I would be fit for this job. I'm going anyway and maybe my pester-people-until-they-submit-to-my-will tactic will actually work by some stroke of luck.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe the neighboring precints will be more receptive than Heather. It wouldn't be too hard. ;)

    We'll miss you too. What date are you leaving? And when are you back? If you're leaving in 2 weeks, and you're gone for all of June, it sounds more like a month and a half!

    ReplyDelete