Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Thomas Jefferson

I'm teaching Luke's school and boy is it ever a trip. His subjects with me include math, reading, and logic. For reading, we always read the same book every day, which is called Thomas Jefferson or something. The annoying thing is that it is written in "short words" that are easy to read interspersed with really hard words. The short words are like "Dick and Jane" words and are very easy to read but then you get words like "Monticello" and "House of Burgesses" thrown in there. Of course, you have to have these words because otherwise you're being historically dishonest, but Luke mars every word longer than five letters long. He still reads the House of Burgesses as the House of Burglars, which I bet King George would say they were.

The last book we read was about Abraham Lincoln. It REALLY tore Luke up when Lincoln got shot. I mean he cried about it for days. It was pretty incredible.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like Luke McP has a good perspective on Lincoln. Well done, Luke McP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mleh. The freak title was there because when I pressed ENTER the blog post entered. I was hoping there wouldn't be anyone lying in wait to read my mess-up. XP

    ReplyDelete