Monday, June 8, 2009

Perpeptuated Falsehoods II, the Revenge of the Statist

Alright, I said I would post the other falsehoods. Have another one:



2) The Miller-Urey Experiment is also bunk.



I promise you, you will hear about the Miller-Urey Experiment in your Biology Class. Whoopee! I can synthesize amino acids from gases with nothing but sparks. Even before I read "Godless," I saw the fundamental error in the fact that just because you could make amino acids, doesn't mean you can create life. Coulter pointed that out and then pointed out something I didn't know: The Miller-Urey Experiment assumed the existence of methane, ammonia, hydrogen, and water. What evolutionary biologists actually say is in primordial air is ozone, hydrogen sulfate, and carbon dioxide along with a couple others that I can't remember. The thing is they listed all the primordial air gases in class and expected you to memorize them BUT they also expected you to know the importance of the Miller-Urey experiment that was based on premises that they had already denounced! The two-facedness is awe-inspiring.

Next time: Perpetuated Falsehood III, Haeckel Strikes Back.

1 comment:

  1. And yet you insist that you really want to major in Biology. What's so interesting about it?

    ReplyDelete