Thursday, June 4, 2009

Shakespeare, NC style

Alright, so I suddenly and violently remembered that I had 3/4 of my lines due tomorrow. About five hours ago I only had 77 out of 150. Now, I have 130, which counts. Phew. I was scared I might not be ready for a minute there.

Now the only problem is putting some life into these lines. I've had it up to here with my Heather's (my "Director's") snide comments about how lifeless and dull my performance is. When I'm practicing she'll occasionally say something like "Pfft. I wonder how miserable my life would be if I was being outdone by a fourteen-year-old. (Reference to Matthew M_______.)" She's so annoying. I'm glad she is not here in NC and I can practice in relative peace. Grandma only comes in every few minutes and asks me why I'm moving my mouth obscurely.

4 comments:

  1. Yeah, I whisper my lines so that no one will bother me. They don't care if I lecture the air. Actually, I ordinarily, randomly lecture the air. So does Dad, but he has an excuse--he's usually practicing his sermons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AAAAA! LAST NAME!! LAST NAME!! MATTHEW >M<

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, Duncan! What do you think will happen to you if Heather or Douglas read this blog post?

    ReplyDelete
  4. During rehearsal yesterday I read your part for you, and that gave me some ideas for your performance when you come back. Basically we'll have you yelling everything.

    ReplyDelete