Monday, June 15, 2009

Teeny Bopper

My darling eleven-year-old cousin and I went to see High School Musical 2. All my adult relatives were acting like I was doing them a tremendous favor or something, but I really enjoy going to theatrical productions. Even teeny bopper ones. In HSM2, Sharpay, the mean girl from last time who reformed in the end became evil again. Darn. What bum luck. What was kind of neat was that Sharpay's goony brother, Ryan, who was my favorite character, played a really big important role in the sequel. In the first one he just followed Sharpay around stroking her ego, calming her down, and apologizing to the good guys. I liked him 'cos he was such a minion. He was the background singer personified. (P.S. Without background singers, the world would be a hollow and boring place.) When Sharpay kicked him out of his part for the talent show, "The Frollicking Fish Prince," (LOL) I felt really bad for him. And his song "Batter Batter Swing" is so insanely catchy. That thing he does with his arms is amazing.

By the way, what was singularly unattractive in the sequel was how the main guy's friends treated him. The guy, Jason, missed his team's baseball game even though he was the captain to practice dancing with Sharpay. So his friends completely refused to talk to him for the entire second act finally culminating in his apology. I'd just like to apologize for all the times I've been a jerk and thank all my friends for not treating me like dirt until I apologized. You guys are the best friends in the world.

P.S. Someone needs to tell Gabrielle to stop giving Sharpay long boring lectures about how she treats her friends. The only difference between Gabrielle and Sharpay is that Gabrielle's friends enjoy goonishly worshipping her and Sharpay's friends only goonishly worship her because she's rich.

2 comments:

  1. Erm. . . Duncan, apropriate title. Sounds quite dumb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it looks like someone read Lexie's blog recently. :) Hmm...sounds interesting. I think Sharpay should seriously consider getting her name changed.

    ReplyDelete