Friday, June 5, 2009

Meredith

Do you want to know what the cutest thing in the world is? A little girl riding her bicycle and singing her favorite song. Meredith was singing some song about rock n' roll and learning and a "rat a tat tat." Most of the words were indiscernable because when she wasn't 100% sure on the lyrics she would get quieter. She is so cute.

I was reading the "DO NOT OPEN THIS BOTTLE! IT CONTAINS ACID THAT EATS THROUGH FLESH" label on the paint remover Grandad and I were using on Aunt Jennifer's driveway when Meredith asked me what I was doing. When I told her that I was reading the bottle she just laughed and said "Silly Duncan! You have to say the words!" Aunt Jennifer later explained that what she meant was that to read, you have to be saying the words out loud as you read them (like all little kids all do as they begin learning to read.) Meredith is so cute.

6 comments:

  1. How old is Meredith? She sounds so funny.

    We had a little girl in church (they've moved now), but she used to sing songs all the time. We were at their house once in the middle of summer and she was singing, "Daddy is so Christmassy," over and over. Her dad told her to eat her broccoli, and so she switched to singing, "My broccoli is so Christmassy."

    ReplyDelete
  2. So. . . Meredith is your cousin? Yes, that seems right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I often sing songs without knowing the words--because I can't understand them. Then Ariel says, "Uh, Mom, do you know what that singer is saying?" And I say, "I have no idea--I can't understand it." And she says, "You should probably not ever play that when someone else is around--it's bad."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why did the bottle say not to open it? If you didn't open it you couldn't use it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Luke the bottle didn't actually say not to open it. It was a joke. You're supposed to laugh. Like this... XD

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha Ha Ha. . . What's XD?

    ReplyDelete