Friday, March 26, 2010

More Work than Completely Necessary

Does it ever seem to you that you do more work than is really necessary? Last Tuesday, MyChelle from Choices sent me a message on Facebook asking me if I could find out for her who puts together the Welcome Packages, the packages that are given to all the people who are getting a dorm for the first time. Anyway, I waited until Thursday so I could ask Tyler, the SGA president who took care of those. He advised I see "Val from the Housing Department" with my questions. Anyways, I struck out from the computer lab today towards the "Stacy Town Center" until I realized I had no direction where it was. I got directions from a random handy passer-by and successfully found the Housing Department, down on the crook of University Street and McCallie. Alas! They told me I had to go the Admissions Department because they were the people who put those together.
"OK," I said, "Where is the Admissions Department."
"Uh, hold on," the lady dialed a number, assumably the Admissions Department's, "Hey, where are you guys at?"
Inaudible speaking from the phone.
"They're in the UC, right across from the computer lab. You know where the UC is, right?"

Groooooooooan... I can't believe I had to walk all the way to McCallie and back when all it took was for me to walk across the lobby. Blaaaaaaaaah.

3 comments:

  1. Tyler is a dolt! Let's impeach him! I never voted for him anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!

    I'm sad that I wasn't able to be at the surprise party at our house. :( I finally got home about five minutes after you all left. Alas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is kind of unrelated, but I think Lexie should run for SGA president.

    ReplyDelete