Monday, March 22, 2010

Advisement

Well, I have now been advised. I signed up for a time slot 40 minutes long, and I got out before I was even supposed to start. It was very short. In fact, he didn't say anything about any class I was taking except his own. He noticed that I had taken few 300 level biology courses (almost none) and explained to me that in his class you need a knowledge of all sorts of classes from the 300 level or else you won't understand the meaning of some of the words he's saying, and he typically gives sophomores D's and F's because they lack academic maturity, and people think it is such a good idea to take a non-lab class because they'd have to work less but they don't realize they have to work MORE, blah blah blah, etc. The usual kind of teacher warning: Don't take my class unless you are going to work for it.

Of course, I've never intended not to work hard at anything I've ever done, so I think I'll be fine.

1 comment: