Friday, August 7, 2009

Wake-up call

"Breakfast time, guys," said Andrew, slamming open the door.

"Alright, Alright. I'm up," I said, because all my brothers have a tendency to repeat themselves if they think I haven't heard them.

"Oh, not you Duncan. You can sleep," Andrew said. That made me pretty suspicious, but I shrugged if off thinking, if Mom gets mad at me I can always tell her that Andrew told me I could sleep in.

Twenty minutes later, Connor and Luke slammed open the door, clapping their hands with every step they took, and then staging an extremely loud pseudo-conversation. In between stomps on their faces, they managed to spit out that they had wanted to wake me up. (I had assumed as much FYI, and I'm just kidding about the stomping part, I just glowered at them.)

Now, I have no idea why Andrew wanted me to sleep and the kids wanted me awake, and why the kids thought it would be better to wake me in an obnoxious manner than just saying "Hey Duncan, it's time to get up." Even if they weren't sent by Mom to wake me up, they could say they were and I would be too tired to know the difference. So it was a very poorly executed plan.

P.S. Upon arriving downstairs Andrew said and I quote, "*gaaaasp* He Liiiiives!" These pieces are not falling into place.

4 comments:

  1. Younger siblings can be so weird sometimes, and it can also be imposible to understand what is going on in their heads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe Duncan you were dreaming about Andrew saying you could sleep in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apparently it's fun to think up obnoxious ways of waking up siblings.

    Several years ago, the boys decided to wake me up one morning by playing the stereo at max volume. That was such fun. Especially when I went to complain to Dad, and found out that they had gotten his permission...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, but it was like 9:30 and you were still in bed.

    ReplyDelete