Thursday, August 27, 2009

Appalachia

That's the broad topic of my research paper. My English professor assigned it to the class. He said we could write on anything as long as it was from Appalachia. The first thing I did when I got home was look up "Appalachia." (Yeah, pretty lame not knowing what Appalachia was.) It turned out it was the area from Southern Pennsylvania to Northern Georgia. I've decided to narrow down my topic to "UTC's risk for Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever." It was going to be Lyme disease, but then I figured that since Lyme was in Connecticut, it didn't count as Appalachia. I bet you are all thinking "Wait! The Rocky Mountains aren't in Appalachia either!" Well that would be true. They moved. Ha. Not really, though. After all, the number one state for RMSF is North Carolina, which is in Appalachia (sort of, by a stretch of reality anyway.)

2 comments:

  1. Hah, we get to pic our own topic in my English class--at least for our first assignment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Duncan, lyme can be anywhere you have ticks, Freeman got lyme if you recall.

    ReplyDelete