Monday, August 31, 2009

High Praise

Today my Physics teacher payed me a compliment in class. It was great. Being full of Physics right now, I can't remember the exact wording, but it was something to this effect:

Physics Teacher: So who can tell me what the average velocity is?

Duncan: Well, it's right there.

Red-head kid in the first row: No, that's the initial velocity.

Duncan: Same thing. If the acceleration is 0, the velocity doesn't change.

Physics Teacher: Exactly! And if the velocity doesn't change, does that mean the initial velocity is equal to the average velocity?

Duncan: Well, yes.

Physics Teacher: A~ha! I see that at least someone knows what they are doing!

So there it was. The most back-handed-insult-to-everyone-else compliment I've ever been paid. It made me glow with the satisfaction of being the only person to avoid being insulted.

P.S. Don't worry about the old ego. I followed up this glorious act by getting the next question wrong.

1 comment:

  1. Such wisdom, Duncan. By the way, I never worry about you getting an enlarged ego.

    ReplyDelete