Thursday, July 9, 2009

National Gallery of Natural History

Yeah, we went there today. Heather, Lexie, Mom, David, and I went there at 10:00 today. At 1:00, the womenfolk left to see the National Gallery of Art, but David and I figured we hadn't had enough time to see everything so we skipped the National Gallery of Art. He he. Alright, so we got back today and one of our aunts asked what we had learned. Mom piped up, "We learned the difference between a brontosaurus and a wooly mammoth! Their teeth!" I wanted to add, "Yeah, and cause the brontosaurus is an enormous lizard with a really long neck and thick legs with scales while a wooly mammoth is an elephant with enormous tusks and thick fur." Instead I said, "No, Mom. That was the mastodon and the mammoth." As you can see, Mom never had the advantage of slamming plastic figures of dinosaurs against each other while saying "Raaa! Raaa!" like me.

2 comments:

  1. You skipped the National Gallery of Art to learn more about stuff like mastodons and mammoths?! "I could go see great art, or I could stay here and look at stuffed reproductions of mammoths--I think I'll pick the mammoths." That doesn't make much sense to me, but maybe I just fail to see the merit of oversized stuffed animals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ariel, the "stuffed animals" are history. All history is important to study.

    ReplyDelete