Friday, July 24, 2009

2D vs. 3D

It seems that whenever I ask Andrew about a game I'm working on, he always has the same objection to it. I used to make all my programs in 2D because it is infinitely easier so Andrew would always complain "Why is it in 2D? It'd be so much more exciting in 3D" Recently I created a game for Luke, my brother, to teach him math facts and his chief complaint (besides his gripe that Luke wouldn't want to play an educational game so I was wasting my time) was "what's wrong with 2D?" Well, I don't know Andrew. You tell me.

4 comments:

  1. ....? What? I don't remember this conversation? I mean, sure, I remember debating about the prospect of an entirely education game as opposed to one that partially taught you different things graudally and didn't stuff it down your throat, but when did I talk about 2D in that argument? I LOVE 2D!! When have I EVER reinforced the concept of 3D? I prefer 2D over 3D!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you make a math facts game in 3D anyway?

    I would think that Luke would enjoy the game, even if it is entirely educational because, well, it beats flash cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've played 3D math games before

    ReplyDelete
  4. We used to have a good math computer game; it was called Math Blaster. Of course it was back in the '90s so it probably wouldn't run on any of our computers

    ReplyDelete