Sunday, July 19, 2009

Duncanism

Last week I was at art class every night, learning about American Artwork. So, after hearing it all I thought to myself, "This doesn't sound so hard."

See, to be an artist all I need is a camera and someone willing to be moved around so that they're sitting in a triangle-typish shape (usually more like two perpendicular lines, but hey, if it's art, it is a triangle.) So I'd find something flat like a table or whatever and then make them sit at it so it appears that their head is at the point of a triangle. (It doesn't matter where you put the head, because it will always make a triangle with the table, even if the triangle has to flatten out until a + b =c, which is by definition a line.)

I might also consider putting the camera on the floor to add some "gravitas" to my pictures. I now have new appreciation for those pictures that people take of themselves where they hold the camera at a bizarre upward angle so that they look really weird. They're just looking at themselves "from a new perspective."

And then I just need to put my model up against a blob of color to make some sort of "halo" around them. Doesn't sound so hard, although I can't imagine where I'd find a blob of color. Maybe I could just add a couple sails to our house...

Admittedly, I've never been to Paris, but so what? I can just say that I have rejected European models of thinking.

3 comments:

  1. Well, if you became an artist, maybe a "business-oriented" trip to Paris would be tax deductable. And then you could have all the key words: triangle, halo, gravitas, and Paris! Oh, wait, you need some visual rhyme somewhere too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Too funny!!

    ReplyDelete