Friday, February 5, 2010

So depressed

Today I got my first paper back in Scientific Writing. Where there should have been a grade, I got a little sentence that said "see me." What happened was that I did not have enough pages, therefore my paper was no good. Fortunately, the grading system works in that you only get your grades from the finished product. You turn it in to your teacher, she hands it back, you hand it back in at mid-term, then you get your actual grade. This is very depressing because my last two Physics Lab reports also had points taken off for being too short. The problem is that Physics Reports are always assigned Wednesday and are always due Friday. I literally wrote my most recent paper and my Physics Report yesterday in the one hour between Parking Appeals and the practice MCAT. This new paper isn't due until Monday so Saturday is going to be a day of Maximum Overhaul.

But this is a new revelation for me: I always thought my problem was that I was too wordy. Now the glove is on the other foot!

1 comment:

  1. Ah, yes, padding a paper without making it look like it's padded. Normally, I would suggest examples. Examples do two things: 1. they really pad a paper. 2. They make it look like youv'e mulled over the ideas come up with novel ways of looking at them (profs like this). However, I'm not sure it will work with physics papers.

    ReplyDelete