Thursday, April 15, 2010

Electric Foil

I don't understand the appeal of electric foil. It costs too much and breaks too quickly. That would probably be my fault, but speaking logically, shouldn't swords be constructed to hit people? Sheesh. I was alerted to an electric tournament on Saturday so I took out my neglected, but still pristine electric foil from its ancient sheath of pipe. (cue the Lord of the Rings choir. Laaaaaaaa! OK. Cut the Lord of the Rings choir.) Since I have no idea whether it still works, I gave it to Joseph so he could test it when the Chattanooga Fencing Club. (I use the future tense, but technically at this time it's in the past. Wow!) I still haven't heard back about the condition of my sword. Anyways, if it is working, I fully intend to go whoop Baylor. Oh yeah!

2 comments:

  1. Your sword is working. Therefore, you can go to the Baylor tournament.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, I think your overgeneralizing. Blue Gauntlet foils break easily, but not all foils do.

    ReplyDelete