Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Penmanship

Today I was sitting in Latin class when Dr. Davies entered the room. He always picks about half a dozen students to write the answers up on the whiteboard. I wrote 1-3. After all the answers were written down. Dr. Davies was surveying them.

"Sam!" Dr. Davies exclaimed. "This is incredible penmanship! The best in class!"

Sam tried to look like she didn't exist, or at least that Dr. Davies must have been talking to some other Sam. Then Dr. Davies thoughtfully observed the board some more.

"Duncan!" Dr. Davies exclaimed again. "Are you going to be a doctor?"

The moment he said it I realized why he was asking.

"Yes," I said, "I have awful penmanship."

Dr. Davies nodded sagely, "My dad was a doctor and I couldn't ever read anything he wrote."

Of course, people usually figure out my major based on the fact that I'm an insufferable know-it-all and am at the top of all my classes. Hm. Weird.

4 comments:

  1. Heh heh, my dad said I would make a good doctor because I have bad handwriting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your not a insufferable know-it-all, all the others are insufferable know-nothings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I'm not an insufferable know-nothing!

    ReplyDelete