Monday, October 5, 2009

The Problem with Jokes in Poor Taste

Hoorah! Ann Coulter came to our campus and talked!!! It was fully awesome. But! There was a problem. When I was driving home Alexie asked me what she talked about.

"Gah! I don't know," I replied, "Just Democrats, really." Ann Coulter was supposedly talking about the state of the nation, but with Democrats controlling the government, Democrats are the state of the nation.

"That sounds really boring," Lexie said.

"Ooh! But there were a lot of really funny jokes!" I said.

"Hm?"

"Well, there was one about how David Letterman subjugates his employees into sex items!"

"That is not funny."

"Well, no it's not. But I laughed!"

There's the problem with Jokes in Poor Taste. (I capitalize random things like C.S. Lewis does.) If you weren't there, it isn't funny. TBQH, I really shouldn't laugh at those jokes anyway.

2 comments:

  1. When I met Lexie outside of her class, I said, "Lexie!" Then she said, "Augh! What are you doing here?" Then we had lunch after she stopped joking about how she would not have lunch with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I had some difficulty explaining the awesomeness of her speech to Luke. I ended up remembering one of her jokes about Democrats in general, and Luke appreciated that simply because it was a slam against Democrats.

    ReplyDelete