Saturday, October 24, 2009

20 hours

Yesterday I asked my Mom if I could take 20 hours next semester.

"Uh... Ask your father when he gets home," she said. Recently she hasn't been looking up from whatever she's doing when I address her. I bet she was planning a certain someone's wedding.

Later, when Dad walked in I asked him if I could take 20 hours next semester.

"Ho ho ho! No way, my beloved son in whom I am well pleased! I could not possibly let you work that hard!" Dad said, laughed for a bit and then left. (Disclaimer: Not exact quote. Approximation.) I'm still trying to figure out whether he would let me take 20 hours or not. Sigh. Sometimes being related to people with senses of humor can be a pain.

2 comments:

  1. Hmm...I've having a hard time getting Mom to agree to let me take 18 hours, let alone 20. She's not saying anything at all, no or yes. Although, that's not for this Spring semester anyway; it's for the following Fall semester, so it doesn't really matter yet. I think I'll probably just sign-up for 18 hours and tell Mom afterwards. (Easier to get forgiveness than permission...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh Heh Heh, I'm doing 17 hours and Mom hasn't said anything.

    ReplyDelete