Friday, November 13, 2009

UTC's Red Tide

I'm not sure why UTC randomly stinks every couple of days. It just does. When I step outside and take a deep breath, I suddenly realize that people aren't paying too close attention to the "No Smoking Within 40 Feet of an UTC door" rule. So I hold my breath and run a couple yards until I step outside the 40 feet of the door mark, because after all who would smoke in such a faraway inconvenient place like that? Anyways, I take a huge breath since I had nearly been killed by second-hand smoke and realize the entire air smells like dead fish. Aaagh! I suppose we are near a river, so occasional river stink should be typical, but why does this only happen every now and then? Blech. It smells like the Red Tide always did back in Florida. Makes me gag. Perhaps instead of dying of second-hand smoke, I'll die of second-hand dead fish.

2 comments:

  1. This doesn't make much sense to me, but it's what a bunch of people in my speech class said that stench was. Apparently, somewhere near campus there's a big orchard of a particular kind of pear trees that smell really really bad during particular seasons or something like that. I'm not really sure why pear trees would be causing the dead fish smell, but...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it obvious, ariel? The dead fish are growing on the trees!

    ReplyDelete