Thursday, June 24, 2010

Politics

What struck me at tonight's political pow-wow was how few people under the age of forty there were. I realized this when the speaker, Judge Mike Carter, was talking about how everything we do is for the future and for our children. If that's so, how come the people with the most vested interest in the matter are the ones lazing about? The people who currently fight the hardest are the people who will be dead before the repercussions of Obama's ludicrous healthcare bill are actually felt! One guy there had been a "tax accessor" for 80 years! This guy isn't even going to live until 2012 when the healthcare bill goes into effect!

I saw two young people there besides myself. They were talking to each other about Facebook and their friend who didn't show up. I was glad to see young blood. Turned out they were Zach Wamp's two children. Please people! Fight the good fight! It's for your future!

1 comment:

  1. Well, Duncan, considering that I don't know what the heck the event is that you're talking about; it would be very hard for me to attend.

    ReplyDelete