Thursday, December 24, 2009

New Years Dithering

I've put a request into the Party Czar (Dad) to have a New Years Eve party authorized, but it doesn't look like it'll happen. It'll probably be delayed for decision until Jan 2 if I know Dad. Dad says last time it ran too late and the little kids needed to sleep. (I think he's the one who wants the sleep most, actually.) I promised we'd keep it down to a dull roar. Nada. Heather suddenly bounced up and suggested that since New Years' Day is a Friday we could have a New Years' Fun. Ha. Who parties on New Years' Day besides college football fans? Puh-lease. Anyway, Dad really liked that idea and every time I bring up a New Years' Eve party he parries with a New Years' Day party. Ahhhh man.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, your mom emailed my mom suggesting a New Year's Day party instead of New Year's Eve party because then young people wouldn't have to be on the road late at night. The thing is, since all the parents are planning on coming anyway, it's not like any of "the young people" will be driving.

    I've tried suggesting that we invite your family over for a new year's eve party, but I guess that would kind of defeat your parents' whole purpose of avoiding being out late on New Year's Eve. Sigh.

    Oh, by the way, my parents have already arranged to go to my grandparents' house on New Year's Day so we probably won't be able to come if the party is on January 1st. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not the same. If we stay up to midnight together it's a blast. If we just come at 1-4 on Friday it's boring. Also, if we stay up late, Heather and Douglas have an excuse to stay up late for schmoozing.

    ReplyDelete