Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Computers really aren't that bad.

Just today my computer told me to register Microsoft Office online again or they would turn off the "grace period" which sent my mother into panic mode. Mother can really not stand having any computers attach to the internet unless she has already given them up for dead. She told me to back up every file on my computer of any value before I plugged it in. You could see in her eyes that she was thinking of the hours she would have to spend talking to tech support trying to remove some alien virus from my computer.
In the end it only took me five seconds and nothing bad has happened. I was expecting my computer to go haywire and destroy Chattanooga before moving on to Tokyo or something.

Just wait for tomorrow when Conficker (Configure and a swear word combined) comes out of hibernation and causes the seventh apocalypse since 1950. I'd advise the Japanese to go into their bomb shelters if I could speak their language.

4 comments:

  1. "Configure and a swear word"? Your parents have not been on here, have they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What? You mean you don't speak Japanese?! For shame!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooooh conficker I'll remeber that

    ReplyDelete
  4. Duncan, the conficker has not caused the seventh apocalypse. We must stone you as a false prophet!

    ReplyDelete